TIPS TO SAVE $$$ AND THE ENVIRONMENT
Monday Aug 27th, 2018Share
- Lower Your Thermostat – Lowering your thermostat while away from home by just three to five degrees will reduce your monthly utility bill and use less energy
- Install Low-Flow Showerheads – Low-flow showerheads have a flow rate of less than 2.5 gpm, while most conventional showerheads use 5 gallons per minute.
- Replace Incandescent Bulbs – Halogen bulbs, compact fluorescent lamps & LED bulbs offer longer lasting light & are more energy-sufficient than your incandescent bulbs.
- Unplug Unused Chargers – Plugged in cell phone & battery chargers that are not in use can be responsible for 10% of your energy bill.
- Buy Energy Star Products – Energy Star qualified appliances use 10-50% less energy than standard appliances and help reduce emissions of greenhouse gases.
- Tune Up Your HVAC System – An annual tune-up on your furnace & A/C will ensure they are running at peak efficiency, which will save you money every month.