Dare to Be Different This Valentine's Day
Wednesday Feb 06th, 2019Share
TOP 3 ROMANTIC ACTIVITIES THAT DON'T COST A THING
1. Create a music playlist of songs that have meaning in your relationship and surprise your loved one with them. Or reminisce together enjoying photo collections of special events and your travel experiences.
2. Head to the karaoke bar with your love. What better way to celebrate your chemistry than singing classic couples duets such as "Islands in the Stream" and "I Got You Babe" together?
3. Take your sweetie on a scavenger hunt. Ask him/her to answer riddles to find the clues to items that you placed somewhere around the house. The last item should give instructions that lead to your Valentine’s Day activities.
TOP 3 FUN FEBRUARY TO DO'S
1. Game Night! Invite friends or family over and break out the cards or board games. Provide yummy snacks and enjoy hours of laughter and fun.
2. Spend the night escaping reality at a local comedy club. Or invite a friend over to stream one of the latest comedy specials on Netflix.
3. Offer to babysit your nieces/nephews/grandchildren so their parents can go out. Have a floor picnic party with pizza, ice cream sundaes and back to back Disney classics.
TOP VALENTINE ADVENTURES IN TORONTO
1. Tasty Tours Chocolate Workshop
829 Dundas St W, Toronto
Dates: Feb 13-15.19
Fees: $35-49 per person
Chocolate is the best way to a sweet tooth's heart. If your partner is a fan of sweets and treats, taking them to a chocolate workshop and tour would be perfect for Valentine's Day! The workshop (Feb 13) is hosted by award-winning chocolatier, Odile Chocolat, and you'll be able to make your very own gourmet truffles as well as taste-test some delectable chocolates. The tour (Feb 13, 14 or 15) takes you to hidden gems in Kensington Market where you can sample delicious treats, from cupcakes to churros, made by local shops in the area.
2. Art & Wine at Paintlounge
784 College St, Toronto
Dates Feb 12-14.19
Fees $70 + tax per couple
This Valentine's Day, create something memorable with your partner at Paintlounge! They are hosting an art and wine event where you can get creative and intimate with your date. The admission fee gets you two solo freestyle painting sessions, as well as two drinks (choose from red/white wine, beer, tea or coffee).
3. Love & Desire Workshop at the ROM
100 Queens Park, Toronto
Date Feb 14.19
Fees: $80 per person
The ROM is a great option for lovers of art and history. A Love & Desire workshop is being held there on Valentine's Day, and will entail insightful presentations, as well as tours through the ROM's intimate collections and artifacts of famous lovers like Cleopatra and Hadrian. The workshop is for adults only.
Remember, all you need is love...but a little chocolate doesn't hurt!